Manager, Flight Standards
This is a management position within the Flight Operations department. Responsible to the Chief Pilot, the candidate will lead a team of standards captains to verify and uphold the standards of pilots.
- Maintain and uphold the highest standards for line and training pilots, by developing, publicising and monitoring adherence to SOPs
- Make decisions regarding risk tolerability associated with the safety and security of flight operations activities and, if necessary, escalate to the Chief Pilot
- Responsible for identification of hazards, assessment and management of change, elimination/mitigation and management of risks, and for submitting reports via the safety reporting system
- Responsible for developing and implementing corrective actions to ensure safety, security and compliance
- Carry out analysis to identify trends affecting training quality and standards
- Review regulatory and industry documents to identify operational safety and training needs
- Hold or have held a Hong Kong Airline Transport Pilots Licence
- Successfully completed the Hong Kong Authorised Examiners course
- Significant experience in Checking and Training in an Airline operating jet aircraft in excess of 70,000 Kg MTOW
- Experience in dealing with the Civil Aviation rules of Hong Kong
- Experience in drafting and implementing strategies that preserve flight safety, through standard operating procedures
- Expert knowledge of the Hong Kong CAD360
- Knowledge of the IOSA ISARPS applicable to flight operations
- Recent experience in a similar role or with an aviation regulatory body in the last 2 years is preferred
Please note that all GBA employees and contractors who work in GBA office in Hong Kong must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.
We offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate. Interested parties, please click “Apply Now” to submit your application.
Personal Information Collection Statement
Please read the following:
- The personal data provided by you will be used by the Greater Bay Airlines Company Limited (the Company) to assess your suitability for the position you are applying for; to verify information provided by you; and, if successful, to facilitate the determination of your remuneration and benefits package.
- The completion of all items indicated on the employment application form is obligatory for the further processing of your application.
- Your personal data held by the Company will be kept strictly confidential; and will only be disclosed to the authorised persons within the Company for processing your application and/or may be transferred and disclosed to third party service providers including but not limited to the recruitment agencies to assist with the Company’s human resources functions.
- Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to, and to request correction of, your personal data held by the Company. Such request should be made in writing and addressed to:
Personal Data Officer
Human Resources Department
Greater Bay Airlines Company Limited
12/Floor, One Citygate, 20 Tat Tung Road,
Tung Chung, Lantau,
- The Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the costs related to your request for data access, as permitted under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- If you have not been contacted by the Company within 8 weeks of the job posting date, you may consider your application unsuccessful. Your personal data will be kept for a period of 12 months from the job posting date, and will be destroyed thereafter.
- If you are invited to attend an interview or a test but are not further contacted by the Company within 8 weeks of your attendance of the interview or test, you may consider your application unsuccessful. Your application and test paper (if applicable) will be kept for 12 months from the date of the last interview or test attended by you, and will be destroyed thereafter.
- If your application for employment is successful, your personal data will be transferred to your personal file, to be used by the Company for employment purpose.